Pages

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Blindside - Mark's Story: Blind Faith 3


I've been a bit of a blog fail, sorry. Real life has kind of buried me of late. 

I have a beautiful cover for Blindside!!!  Made by the oh-so talented Sara York. 




I'm hoping it will be released in the next few days. It is still with my editor at the moment, but as soon as I have it back, I'll be uploading it to Amazon.

Mark is a great character. He was fun to write. His mother is hilarious and possibly one of my favourite supporting characters I've written. 

Mark's mother, Susan

Mark's relationship with Will is a little complicated. They're best friends, and Mark learnt with Carter, that staying platonic with friends keeps the friendship in tact.  He never thought of Will as anything more than a friend because he valued his friendship too much. 

Will Parkinson

But things for Will are about to change.  He becomes unsettled and unhappy, and Mark remembers Carter being the same way before he moved to Boston. Scared of losing Will to the same fate, Mark takes it upon himself to find Will a reason to stay.

A boyfriend.

What Mark doesn't realize, is that the wheels he sets in motion will change things forever.

Mark gets knocked off his feet, blindsided, and everything he thought about love and life, is about to come crashing down.

Mark's song is Out on The Town by FUN.  The lyrics, posted below, sum him up perfectly.



Lyrics to 'Out on the town' ...
I set all my regrets on fire
Cause I know I'll never take the time
To unpack my missteps and call all of my friends,
I figure they would take your side.
I make the bed, just not that well.
Your name comes up a lot when I talk to my mom,
Oh I think she can tell...

I was out on the town so I came to your window last night.
I tried not to throw stones, but I wanted to come inside.
Now I'm causing a scene thinking you need a reason to smile.
Oh, no. What have I done?
There's no one to keep me warm.

So maybe I should put out the fire,
I'll call them back and borrow a box knife
So I could learn to live with all the stupid shit I've been doing since '99
And I know I could be more clever,
And I know I could be more strong.
But I'm waiting for the day to come back and say,
Hey, maybe I should change my mind.
I drink a lot, I'm not sure if that's new.
But these days when I wake up from a night I forgot,
I just wish that it never came true

I was out on the town so I came to your window last night.
I tried not to throw stones, but I wanted to come inside.
Now I'm causing a scene thinking you need a reason to smile.
Oh, no. What have I done?
There's no one to keep me warm.
I could be more clever,
And I know I could be more strong,
And I know I could be more clever,
And I know I could be more clever

I knew there'd come a day,
When all was said and done,
And everything I want is everything but gone
All my big mistakes are bouncing off your wall.
The bottles never break, the sun will never come
So come on let me in.
I will be the sun.
I will wake you up.
I'll move slow.
Just open up your heart, open up your heart, open up your heart.
I was out on the town so I came to your window last night.
I tried not to throw stones, but I wanted to come inside.
Now I'm causing a scene thinking you need a reason to smile.
Oh, no. What have I done?
There's no one to keep me warm.


I'll post some more news on the release of Blindside when I know more.  As for now, I'm starting to write Starting Point (Point of No Return 3) and I can't wait to give these boys the proper HEA they deserve. 



No comments:

Post a Comment